The weather in Twinsburg, OH can get cold in the winter. How is your home holding up so far? During this time of the year, it is important to take precautions to protect your home in case we experience extreme weather conditions. At Quest Financial and Insurance Services, we care about our customers. We want you to stay warm and well protected all season long. If you find that your home is not heating properly, or haven’t yet winterized your home, now is the time to do it. We still have plenty of cold weather ahead.
Winterizing the Exterior of Your Home
To get your house up to speed for the winter, begin by performing a few maintenance tasks on the exterior:
- Check the roof for damaged shingles or flashing and repair them. These can become sources of water leaks during a strong storm.
- Inspect the chimney and clear any debris or birds’ nests from it. Repair exterior bricks and mortar joints that need fixing.
- Make sure gutters are clean and debris-free.
Preparing the Inside of Your Home for Winter
The interior of your home may also need a little maintenance to ensure you and your family stay warm and safe.
- Examine the insulation in the attic and if the ceiling joists are visible, add more insulation.
- Check doors and windows for cold air seeping inside the house. Add a bead of caulk around windows to seal them. Replace the weather stripping on exterior doors.
- Make sure that your radon and smoke detectors are both working. Replace the batteries if needed and keep extras on hand.
If you need anything this winter, give an experienced agent at Quest Financial and Insurance Services of Twinsburg, OH a call. We are here to help.